The Atlanta Hobby Robot Club (A.H.R.C.) is an organization of hobbyists that sprang out of the Atlanta Computer Society in 1981. Our club's purpose is to support Georgians who build robots by bringing them together in a format where they can exchange ideas.
We meet at the Pinckneyville Community Center. located at 4650 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Norcross, GA on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:00 AM. Everyone is welcome. You do not need to be a member to attend meetings.
There are currently about 100 people on our Yahoo Groups mailing list with 15 to 30 attending each meeting. A good percentage of the people at meetings have expertise in robot building, mechanics and electronics
Typical meetings are normally well organized and include:
- The discussion of club business.
- A video clip of something of interest to robot builders.
- A technical discussion on some facet of robots (e.g. electronics, mechanical, materials or methods.)
- Show and tell from a few robot builders. Topics sometimes include complete robots, construction methods, or sub-systems.
- An open forum discussion between members
Our web page is www.botlanta.org
We have an email discussion group on Yahoo Groups. Click here to join.
The 2015 officers are:
President - Len Burleson
Co-Vice-Presidents - Ted Sommers, Kirk Charles
Treasurer - Frank Borowiec
Secretary - Ben Bradley
Webmaster - Dale Heatherington
The annual Robot Rally was held held November 15th, 2014. Scores and photos here.